Projects Link (PL) Group of Companies, headquartered in Dubai, serves the Marine Construction Industry in UAE and the GCC area in general. The four group companies include –
Apex company for projects & marine construction management – for Private Developers and Public Sector. Core Competences include coastal reclamation, shoreline protection, offshore piling and bulk earthworks.
Group Company for port management, fleet management, vessel chartering and marine transportation of bulk construction materials – caters to Internal & External Clients.
Undertakes Coastal reclamation and dredging, industrial civil and bulk earthworks for the oil and gas sector.
PLC is the Group’s apex entity and is one of the rapidly growing marine construction companies delivering value to its clients and partners through a unique approach that marries construction know-how and strategic alliances critical to a project. The PL brand offers reliability of construction, providing feasible, value added construction solutions to Clients. The Group’s capabilities and experience span across the construction industry covering several fields of civil and marine construction, Oil & Gas – Onshore and Offshore Works, Supply Chain Management & Logistics, Coastal Reclamation and Shoreline Rock Revetments, Beaches, Jetties, Access Roads and Causeways, Loading Facilities, Offshore Bridges Construction, Earthworks, and Quarry Management.
• Construction and Management Firm servicing the Middle East region
• Owned and managed by senior executives with wide international and Middle East experience
• Extensive network of alliance partners including leading & specialized engineering & dredging companies, and professionals across the region.
• Business philosophy centered around – partnership & customer relationships; delivery through operational excellence and focus on high-value opportunities!
Currently, three operating Companies – PLC Contracting, PLC Marine Transport, Projects Link Contracting operate an integrated management system certified by Bureau Veritas for compliance in accordance to ISO 9001 for Quality Management; ISO 14001 for Environment Management and the ISO 45001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management. The Abu Dhabi Entity – Projects Link Construction Contracting is in its first year of operation and is scheduled for assessment in April 2021.
Commitment to Excellence
Our regional portfolio and networks coupled with a solid platform of corporate experience and understanding enables us to provide a unique offering to regional and international business clients and partners, based on:
• Integrity and long-term business principles
• Extensive international and regional market experience
• Unique in-house expertise to identify, build and launch profitable projects and business initiatives
• Business development capabilities with international market expertise and wide industry knowledge
• Access to international development partners and investors
• Structured processes enabling our delivery capabilities
• Capabilities to identify and develop quality opportunities for new market and growth initiatives
• Risk management processes enabling the ability to deliver predictable project outcomes, profitability and growth
• Enhanced success probability through understanding of international and regional cultural, commercial, political and inter-personal issues.
International Capability.. Regionally Focused
PL has a network of highly dedicated and diverse team members.
Our primary geographic focus is UAE and the GCC region; however our expansion plans include strategic forays into Ghana, Madagascar, Ivory Coast and Mozambique.
PL has current and in plan projects under its management and has structured its operations to support a well-defined strategic growth plan. The Executive Management of PL have a strong international and regional reputation based on recognized strong track record of success in construction and project management and engineering internationally and regionally.
PL works with customers and partners to:
• Select attractive and profitable construction & marine management opportunities
• Develop deal structures, partnerships and alliances required to build new business
• Manage the build & launch of new business operations through effective program and relationship management
• Collaborate with partners to develop & implement effective operational strategies
Value Added Services
PL focuses on a project portfolio strategy built around its unique capability to envision, source, develop and deliver complex projects achieving superior returns in stable, mature or emerging profitable markets and creating value through the use of its complementing value-creating partner networks.
PL strategic focus has 4 complimenting dimensions creating substantial strategic value, innovation, and commercial growth prospects which have an element of social value add within the regional and global markets it operates in.
PL will continue to distinguish itself on quality and operational excellence from other local and international companies. While most local project management firms lack in terms of operational excellence and quality and most international project management firms have either little commitment to the region evidenced by the lack of a locally based integrated sales and delivery platform.
Uniquely so, PL combines both critical expertise in construction and strategy and provides comprehensive and effective construction, engineering and procurement solutions to optimize and coordinate processes for the following services
• Marine Construction projects, including offshore piling works
• Enabling & Earthworks projects
• Specialized Marine Logistics including port management & barge transportation of bulk construction materials
• Marine Fleet including crane barges, transportation and positioning barges
• Strategic Construction Management
The PL team has successfully established a strong strategic relationships and operational partnerships with international construction firms, marine vessel owners, international engineering companies to jointly deliver projects within the GCC. PL management team is of the opinion that such strategic relationships will play a major role in growing PL as a key player in the region within 2-3 years.
Awards and Recognition
PL group received International recognition and been awarded the International Trophy for Quality (New Millennium Award) as a recognition for its trajectory and Business Excellence, in Geneva Switzerland in May 2008.
Projects Link received the HSE Best service provider performance award from Nakheel in September 2008.
In 2018, PLC Contracting was awarded the BEST Safety Innovation in Laying of Geotextile under water by Van Oord in their Dubai Harbour Project.
The Company has achieved several milestones on Several Million Manhours without a lost time incident (LTI) as in November 2015 and has completed more than 6.5 Million Hours without LTI as of 2020.